Tuesday, September 20, 2011

6 Rules.

Balance

This classroom sitting chart is naturally balancing, having same group of instrumental near each other, but I don't know if I took the balance of the orchestra from right angle.
My subject of photo is the people in the classrooms, the orchestra itself, and the audience probably knows what my subject is.
I could've taken a better picture if I could take picture from the front of the classroom.

Mergers

I was attempting to take picture of the girl on the bottom left of the camera, secluding her from the other people by avoiding mergers. It's probably not clear that she was the subject of the picture because she's almost out of the picture. I was focusing on Ms. Bennet and her, that I forgot she should be the one in one third rule, I could've done better job by making my subject clear to the audience using rule of a third.

Framing

I used the rockets on the ceilings, the wall, and the classroom to frame the presentation that was done by the guy in red. Its probably clear to people that the subject of this photo was the action of presentation done by the red shirt student.

Lines

I used the desks and the classroom's wall lines to create a straightforward environment, just like how the teacher is trying to explain the lesson as best as they can in a straight, easy line. People might be able to point out the subject of the photo is the teacher surrounded by lines.

Rule of Third

I did  a good job on following the rule, I placed the teacher and the student as the main subject, since they were in the front of the classroom and talking while the other students were playing the music. I used rule of third to outline that event, and make sure the subject is very clear to my audience.


 Simplicity

I didn't do well on following the rule, I was trying to zoom in onto Ms. Edwards but the camera didn't have the right lens, it was hard trying to take a simplicity picture when people were actually learning and I was disturbing the environment. It's probably really hard for the audience to look for the subject of the picture. I didn't wanna walk closer, blocking some people trying to learn, or take a picture of their face when most of them looking at me with question mark on top of their heads. If i could, I'd take a picture from different angle, and closer spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment